Thursday, August 25, 2011

A Good Luck Kiss


I never entered into Scrapbooking challenges until this week and now I have entered like 4! It is scrapbooking frenzy and they are so much fun!! I found this challenge called Starting Points over at Shimelle Laine's blog which I thought would be great as it would challenge me. It was quite a linear and block sketch which is different to my "comfort zone" so I decided to give it a go. I like experimenting with different styles as I feel that I am not stuck with the same old same old!
I had this picture of me from Japan and felt it would fit with the block layout and then I gathered some Oriental looking papers from Lillybee and some older papers from Scenic Papers.
I then used some Crafter's Workshop Templates to ink in the flowers using Tim Holtz Distress Inks. The tag I got from my Magpie Club kit this month which uses a Ali Edwards stamp.
At the bottom I used some small brown brads as centres for the flowers just to add a bit of dimension to the paper

No comments:

Post a Comment