Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Journey of our Friendship



I just finished completing this layout for a challenge over at Bird is the Word using the word Journey. I created this layout about my friendship with one of my best friends who I have known since birth! We shared the same crib so we have been friends forever. I kept my messy handwriting at the back this time.
Since this layout was going to be extra special I dedicated more time than usual to it. I painted the background with a mixture of PVA glue and these art mosaic pieces. They are small pieces of shattered glass. Then I sprayed with some fine glitter mist. I then got a piece of cardboard which came with a toy and painted it with a mixture of silver and pink Stickles. I then wrapped this in a fine pink mesh and placed the picture on top with foam adhesive. It is very dimensional this layout but then I did want to create something special.
I then took 3 chipboard butterflies and embossed them with shiny pink embossing powder. I used hardly any patterned paper. Just a few pieces here and there to ground these little Jenni Bowlin embellishments. I then used some Perfect Pearls to add some details to the butterflies
Took me about 2-3 hours to complete this one so actually it did not take me that long
I have also taken loads of pictures of my scrappy room to add here as I don't know about you but I am always interested in how people organise their stuff!!!

3 comments:

  1. What a very pretty layout!! Thank you so much for joining us at Bird is the Word this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful LO Sigrun.. adore your glittered background and elements!! Thanks so much for sharing at BITW :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very lovely page!! Thanks for sharing it with us at Bird is the Word!! :)

    ReplyDelete