Monday, February 13, 2012

You are my Rainbow

Speaking of rainbows ( I am yet to have a rainbow birthday one day!) ...here is a layout I created for another challenge over at Punky Scraps. This time the theme was rainbow. I decided to go cutsey with this one - creating a scene. Similar to the one I won the prize for in the magazine but keeping it a bit different. Its a picture of my daughter I love getting soaking wet at Disney last year. It was soooo much fun!!! I used some old Crate Paper I have lying around - from the Season Collection. I really need to tackle my old stacks of paper as my shopping list for CHA 2012 is wayyyy to long!!

I am also in the process of going through - what I think are a couple thousand- papers and sorting them out by colour. I am trying this out now and see where it takes me. I always wonder how people organise their papers as its such a difficult thing to organise. I have it organised now by theme (xmas, easter, cooking, Disney, baby, travel, home, fairies/pricess, dinosaurs/ pirates etc...) Its a long list. I keep these in large boxes with all the themed embellishments as well. Then I also organise by collections in the Cropper Hopper Paper Envelopes with all the embellishments too. I also keep my kits that I subscribe that way too. Then whatever was leftover I used to keep in these large 12x12 expandable folders. I kept them there by manufacturer, but that was not working for me as I never used them. So I got 4 12x12 Kaisercraft paper stack storage - they are amazing to put them all in. So every evening I tackle a few papers and slot them in there organising them by colour. It has worked so far as I found these old Crate Papers ones!

4 comments:

  1. I love these papers!!! Great page! :)
    Thanks for playing, nat xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep my papers by brand but also by favorite pattern and color so I can reach for those faster. I haven't found an efficient way to store the hundreds of embellishments in my small space- always fascinated by how people tackle their stashes so thanks for the invite into your nook! This is a great page- that Crate die cut page is one of my all time faves- love how you embellished the page with the buttons. Thank you for submitting this to Punky Scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great page! Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your take on this challenge.

    ReplyDelete