Thursday, August 23, 2012

Check In...to my Heart


So late last night...around 10pm I was looking through all my new papers. I tend to hoard papers and collection packs! A couple of months ago I won the challenge of the month at Merly Impressions and won the gorgeous collection pack for Check In which can be found here:

http://www.merlyimpressions.co.uk/443-check-in-june-2012

This collection is gorgeous and I love love this paper http://www.merlyimpressions.co.uk/scrapbook-papers/4552-departure-check-in-collection-883416108573.html

it comes with 2 of each pattern and I can see myself hoarding this one!!!

So I decided to have another go at this month's challenge which can be found here: http://www.merlyimpressions.co.uk/blog/scrapbooking/august-2012-layout-challenge/

I broke into the collection pack, which I always find so hard to do as the papers look so pretty together!
I then flicked through my pictures and looked at loads of travelling airport looking ones but nothing was "speaking" to me. I was feeling very unmotivated at this point as it was now getting to 10:30 pm (and my kids wake up at 6am, sometimes even 5am!) Then I stumbled across this picture of my baby boy. It was one if not his first picture. I have not scrapped many of his pictures yet (he is going to be 1 soon) as I find it difficult doing boy pages now! I guess I need more practice!
Anyway so I thought this picture would be a great twist on the travel theme.
I used the front page of the collection pack the one where it has all the samples of the pages included and the title. I used the title from the collection pack and used the samples from the front page to make banners
This was not going to be the title it was going to be something like"you have travelled far" but then I thought "check in" is quite funny for this picture because it was literally one of his first pictures. I then cut various banners and journalling spots.
I used washi tape to ground the rest of my title which is "to my heart" I sprayed some Studio Calico wood veneers with various colors that matched the collection. I used the journalling spot from the collection and put it inside a Simple Stories envelope
I added a few bits here and ended up finishing this page at 12:30 am!!! In the end it did not take me long to finish it as the collection coordinates so easily with other collections and items from my stash!

Thanks for Looking!!!

5 comments:

  1. This is a lovely layout, what great use of the papers and title. I feel another win coming here.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Siggy,

    Another beautiful layout, gorgeous photo!!

    Chrissy xXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous page. I love the travel twist x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love love love this layout! The layering is fabulous! Great work!

    ReplyDelete