Sunday, September 11, 2011

Carousel Ride



I am feeling very proud of myself so far this month I have complted 14 layouts! This one I did for a recipie challenge over at Frosted Designs which called for envelopes, tickets and stamps. The prize is really great - packs of Graphic 45 paper! They are one of my fave brands so I jumped at doing this challenge!
Here I used some Kaisercraft paper and embelishments as well as some VERY old stamps I had put away for when I scrapped these pictures. I punched out some small hearts to make the closing of the envelope and then I looked and thought maybe I should punch the stamp shape using the heart negative as a centre. I had never done this before it just came to me because I love using negatives on my pages. I loved how this turned out! The great thing about scrapping is how these little ideas just pop into your head all of a sudden! I loved this challenge and love the fact that my page turned out to be something totally different from what I had first imagined!!!

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful layout! How great that you saved the postage stamps and they worked out perfectly for this challenge! It's awesome that your are getting so many layouts done! Thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were able to incorporate all 3 of the target items in the challenge at Frosted Designs for Fabulous Friday! It looks like you had the perfect photo and layout in mind! Please come and create with us again at Frosted Designs! ** Roberta

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Layout. Those stamps are perfect for it. The hearts to the envelope are a nice touch also! Thanks for playing along with us at Frosted Designs!

    Priscilla

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great LO. I love the little details you used. Thanks for sharing.
    Eli (Frosted Designs)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful layout! How great that you saved the postage stamps and they worked out perfectly...i wish to do same with Gift Card envelopes.

    ReplyDelete