Thursday, September 01, 2011

Tofu Scramble



I made this LO last night with a sketch from Shimele Laine http://www.shimelle.com/
The sketch called for a splatter of paint across the middle section of a 6x4 picture. I started off by spritzing some October Afternoon paint and the droppping some paint here and there.
I did my LO mostly with Modern Homemaker October Afternoon papers, stickers and buttons. I also added a Melissa Frances hidden journalling envelope and a fabric brad
Once I finished my layout something was missing....but what?
I looked around and found a HUGE bag of CANDI which I had bought back in April at the Scrapbook Show in Alexander Palace and had never used them. http://www.craftworkcards.co.uk/products/by-category/1/1/card-candi.html
I tried them on here - on top of the splattered paint- and I love the effect they give. I am soooo gonna use them more now! That is what I love now about the sketches because they kind of force you to go through stuff you had forgotten you had and use them in new and interesting ways. I think these CANDI are gonna work very well for some birthday LO I am thinking of doing....someday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment