Tuesday, April 10, 2012

A Granny's Kiss


I love the challenge blog The Creative Type. They have had some really cool layouts and really cool designers recently- Tina Azmus and Rahel Menign are two scrappers I follow. The challenge this months is really cool. Its to scrap a layout inspired by one of your favourite designers. There are soooo many talented people out there it is so difficult to pick one person only. I could spend all the day looking at peoples blogs and it would still not be enough!

However, I do love Stephanie Howell not only because I love her style but also because I love her blog. It is really exciting that now she works for My Minds Eye and is their blog coordinator. Check it out! She is super fun! Anyway, her signature product is a dollie! She loves them and she originally inspired me to use them. I also have a huge tendency to scrap with either a cream, white or kraft background (I guess that is my style). She loves to use a flowery and girly (she has 4 girls herself) background paper. When I saw this beautiful paper by October Afternoon I bought two. One I chopped up and used the flowers. The other one I did something daring.....I used it as a background paper! It is really daring for me because it is not only not white but its also a busy paper. To break that up I used tissue paper which softened it a bit and also a dollie. Since the layout is about my mom's relationship with my daughter I felt I wanted to add a homespun feel to the layout which I did through the paper and dollie. The picture was taken on an October afternoon so I used the manufacturers branding from the bottom.
The rest I kept very simple and I did a first as well - I put my journalling at the back of the layout!

No comments:

Post a Comment