Sunday, November 18, 2012

Lean On Me

Hi!
I am still scrapping away but just not entering challenges
There is so much happening with our move that I am keeping things simple for now! It is only 10 days away and we are leaving London!!! It's going to be a huge change for us leaving the big city for the "Country side." Anything after the M25 is considered countryside for Londoners......

Anyway, I am just really looking forward to a bigger house and most of all ..... my own SCRAP ROOM!!!!! Finally I will be able to put all those rooms I have been pinning to good use!!! Can't wait to have all my stuff in one room (hopefully it will fit!)

I love the challenges over at Merly Impressions http://www.merlyimpressions.co.uk/blog/scrapbooking/november-2012-layout-challenge/)  
so I always try to  enter those every month!!!
This month the challenge is to use blue.  I love using blue in my layouts -esp. with brown and white. I don't know why but I love this combo! I might enter another one if I get time!

This picture of me in labour with my midwife massaging my back has been on my must -scrap- soon list for a looong time. My baby is now 14 months so I thought it was time.  I used blue and yellow here as it was sunrise (it was around 4-5 am). I had been in labour since 10pm so I felt like I had been there all night.  

I used blue for three reasons: 
1. because it was a sunrise 
2. because my labour room had this amazing view over Big Ben and the Thames with a wide view of the sky. During my labour I spent the whole night looking out to the sky from this window so the sky holds a vivid memory for me during this time
3. because my baby was  a boy!!!

I added the heart with the stamped "hearfelt thanks" as my midwife helped me not only with this labour but with my previous ones as well.

Go and check out the amazing challenges over at Merly if you have not seen them yet!!
Thanks for looking!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Siggy,

    Thank you for entering the Merly challenge. What a fabulous layout, photo and a lovely memory to scrap.

    Chrissy xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Siggy! This clean and simple layout is fabulous! So inspiring! Thank you for playing along with us at Merly Impressions and good luck!

    ReplyDelete