Friday, March 01, 2013

HAPPY

SO here I am back again!! It feels like forever since I have entered any challenges....3 months?
It has been a nightmare moving and I hope that I don't have to do this for a VERy long time!!!

I haven't scrapped much just because all my time has been taken to unpack the hundreds of boxes and find new homes for everything.  I got the second biggest bedroom in the house as a scrapbook room so I have been having lots of fun playing with that!!! Although I have to purge big time as I have already outgrown the room..... the kid's schools have been getting lots of boxes!

Anyway, as always I love the challenges over at Merly Impressions.

This month's can be found here: http://www.merlyimpressions.co.uk/blog/scrapbooking/february-2013-layout-challenge/

It's a great sketch which I had lots of fun playing with.  I have made only 3-4 layouts in 3 months so I am feeling a bit rusty getting back.  With my new room almost done I hope to start getting productive again!  One thing is for sure I have made a promise to myself to use my Cameo more.  I love it when I use it, but most of the time I am lazy... Here I used my Cameo to make the title!! That is a first for me!!!

For this I kept the tones to browns, yellows and whites.  I stamped the background with my favourite heart background stamp. Added a white and yellow doily and then just layered a few bits here and there. I wanted the feel to be quite homey as it's about my kids and my thoughts on motherhood (there is ALOT of journalling at the back) So I chose different things I had lying around that reminded me of home and just evoked cosy thoughts (doilies, wood veneer, sewn heart etc..)
The big sewn heart symoolizes me and the 3 little wooden ones are for my 3 kids

I then sprinkled some Heidi Swapp gold paint for the paint splashes and then added some heart confetti, wood veneer stars and some pearls

I was going to add a bit more here and there but then I wanted this one to be more simple than my usual ones just because I wanted the focus to be on the picture as its quite rare I get to take a pic with my kiddos!

I have more layouts on the way and I am just loving the fact that I can just leave everything out and come back to it the next day.  At my old place it took like 20 mins to pack everything away every evening so I am thrilled about that!!!

Thanks for looking!!!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely layout. Like the feel it gives. You lucky girl getting the big room for playing in.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Siggy,

    Thank you for entering the Merly Challenge, love the subtle tones in your layout, beautiful.

    Chrissy xXx

    ReplyDelete