Friday, April 19, 2013

Oh Baby!!!!


My eldest daughter got a place at the local school (we had been on the waiting list for awhile) In just 5 days at BIG GIRL school she has grown so much....Time flies so fast with kids....! I know everyone says that but I am only now 3 kids later really getting to terms with this "issue" and trying to stop life a bit and enjoy the craziness and business of it all  - more.  This is one of the big reasons (amongst a million others...) why I love scrapbooking so much - it forces one to take note, slow down and remember those moments, which if I did not scrapbook I would probably never "revisit"
I then decided to scrapbook a picture of me pregnant with her!  She is 5 now so this is an oldie....!

I went a bit crazy with this layout and just kept adding lots of stuff on top and layering lots of different materials and types of embellishments . I pretty much stayed true to the sketch over at Sarah's Cards blog for the challenge of the month- - it can be found here: http://sarahscardsltd.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/april-2013-sketch-challenge.html

However, everything I added had some meaning or another - it was not a random choice!! The sunshine quote/stamp from Ali Edwards was perfect as her nickname is sunshine.  I love that quote and literally bought that stamp set to use on her pages.  I used 3 MME pins two yellow hearts to represent my hubby and I and a smaller orange one to represent her.

The pic of the airplane at the top is also not random! She was born in Brazil and my hubby and I had been apart for 2 months whilst he was in the UK.  This pic was taken on his first day back and we went out for lunch.  The words I choose in the wood veneer pertain to my thankfulness to be pregnant and  to be having a healthy baby on the way.  I had been told that due to a serious thyroid malfunction I have it would be difficult to conceive, and yet it was not, so I choose words which reflected how I felt about this: "wish", "you are here" and "thank you".
I love the MME button which says: "good for one ride."  When I bought it I thought "I am never going to use that one"and so I kept in anyway just in case.  I am so glad I did as I was a massive pregnant lady  (I was massive with all my kids though) and people kept asking me if I was pregnant with twins all the time so I felt this button was PERFECT!!! Hence why I gave it more prominence and added it to the centre of the page.

Thanks for looking!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Great layout! I love all the little details.
    Tracy. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of stuff is good, in my book. Congrats to Big girl and mummy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the little touches and their relevance. Thanks for playing along with our challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what detail. Thanks for taking part :)

    ReplyDelete