Tuesday, July 02, 2013

The Best Part



Recently we have been to a summer festival and my kids loved the mud that was EVERYWHERE!!! I am making more of an effort to scrap very very current pictures and this is one of them! I played around a lot with paint, Tim Holtz Distress paints and mists.  I wanted to have fun and get artsy with this layout.  What I really wanted to do is to make a "muddy" looking layout with pops of color here and there.


For the sketch I followed one over at Sketchbook 365 which can be found here
http://sketchbook365.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/july-sketch-challenge.html

The prize is amazing !!! Basic Grey papers!!! I love all the new Basic Grey lines

I followed the sketch in terms of the placement, layering,journalling tags and arrows.  I placed my arrows pointing in as I wanted the focus to be on the photos. I also used stars as indicated in the sketch but in some cases I replaced the stars with hearts as I can't seem to make a layout without a heart.  I also can't seem to make a layout without a banner!  I used these wooden tags to make a banner as I have 3 packs of them and need to use it up!
I replaced the picture frame indicated in the sketch with this big flower I cut from patterned paper. i cut 3 flowers and stacked them on top of each other and used a Jenni Bowlin flower in the center to keep it all in place!

Thanks for looking!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment